Sub Tasks on a Task Template - General - Assembly Community
Sub Tasks on a Task Template
Am I missing a way to add subtasks to a template?
Hi @Michael_Peoples ! Thanks for reaching out! At the moment, you cannot create a task with subtasks as a template. However, we do plan on implementing this soon. In the meantime, you can create an automation using Zapier or Make that will create tasks with subtasks, and the trigger can be when a client is created or updated. Please let me know if you have any other questions. I am always here to help!
Can you share a walk through example of how to use Zapier to create a task with sub tasks?
Hi @Tal_Brown thank you for reaching out! I would be happy to get you instructions on how to do this in Zapier. I will work on them and get them to you by the end of this week. In the meantime, please let me know if you have any other questions. I am always here to help!
Hi @Tal_Brown ! Apologies for the delay in getting these instructions to you. You can find the steps for creating a Task with subtasks when a client is created in Assembly here. I also wanted to share that subtasks in templates will be released within the next month, which should make this even easier to set up. Let me know if you have any questions. I am here to help!
Related topics
| Topic | Replies | Views | Activity |
|---|---|---|---|
| Deleting or re-ordering subtasks on template //Assign task in template | 1 | 29 | March 6, 2026 |
| Subtasks Dissappearing | 1 | 31 | November 18, 2025 |
| Modifications in the Tasks App | 6 | 84 | May 26, 2026 |
| Auto Task Creation Upon Purchase of Product | 4 | 58 | March 9, 2026 |
| Winter 2025 Edition: Xero integration, task automations, and more! ❄️ | 0 | 49 | December 19, 2025 |